Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wonderful World of Wikis

Since I'm a true believe in 'Fact is Stranger than Fiction' and that history is made of awesome I always want there to be a basis of truth or interesting aspect of something shown when I'm writing. I'm always looking for the unsusal and surprising that I can incorporate.

To keep track of these I used to have a notebook of odds & ends, and a folder full of newspaper clippings. But my good friend Flidget decided that I and all of our friends needed our own personal wikis.

I scoffed at the idea. Who needs to enter all this into a site when I have it in my clippings?
She said, 'Well, it's already installed, so here's your name and password.'

And now I use it almost every day. I keep all my story notes about characters and settings there. Each project has it's own category, with subcategories and easy linkable groupings. And I have other sections for 'Interesting Things' and make a quick note of anything that catches my eye while I'm reading.

Today I finally finished typing up all my notes from the RWA Spring Fling. I really love my wiki.

No comments: