Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pumpkins and Punkins

It took awhile, but I made another two recipes from the cooking game. Tonight I made Japanese pumpkin slices fried up in butter & garlic, and 'one-bite steaks' with parsley butter sauce. The pumpkin came out well, though I think I may go back to grilling slices in the toaster oven. The garlic added a nice touch, but I don't need butter to enjoy the pumpkin. The steak was so-so, but I mucked up the butter a bit by microwaving it to make it softer, and making it completely liquid instead.

Overall I'd say it still counts as a success.

A few weeks ago I had a pack of baby boy themed scrapbook paper that was half-off and utterly adorable. But I couldn't figure out what to do with it. And then I realized that a good friend of mine has a baby boy, and I got to work. The scrapbook is all pre-made, just needs pictures and a little bit of journaling here and there. I'm glad I finally got to give it to my friend and her husband, because I'm really proud of how it turned out, but sharing it here would ruin the surprise!









No comments: